Energy Cells are used to power equipment, such as artifacts. Various energy cells may have different max charges, allowing for longer use. They can be recharged by more tinkering-oriented traders (in exchange for 1 dram of water per 500 charge units) or by using the recharge command granted by the Tinker skill (which consumes 1 'A' bit per 3000 charge units). Recharge cost is rounded down, unless it would be rounded to 0.
Energy Cell types include:
- Solar Cell - Capacity 2500, recharges in sunlight
- Chem Cell - Capacity 10,000
- Nuclear Cell - Capacity 100,000
- Antimatter Cell - Capacity 200,000
- Lead-Acid Cell - produces energy from Acid. 500 charge per dram, up to 4000 charge.
- Combustion Cell - produces energy from Oil. 750 charge per dram, up to 6000 charge.
- Thermoelectric Cell - produces energy from Lava. 5000 charge per dram, up to 40,000 charge.
- Biodynamic Cell - produces energy from Blood. 7500 charge per dram, up to 60,000 charge.
- Fidget Cell - Capacity 2500, recharges when worn (on arm) or held.
All of the liquid-fueled cells have a maximum capacity of 8 drams.